The 6471 is a high quality multi-function ground resistance tester. The instrument is capable of performing rod-less earth tests using the two clamp method. It also has excellent noise rejection qualities trough an automatic (can be set manually) frequency scanning ability from 41 to 513 Hz.
There are many features to this excellent instrument some major points are listed below for a more complete list please see the datasheet:
- Frequency scan form 41 to 513 Hz (excellent noise rejection) [for the 5078 Hz model please see the 6472]
- Ground resistance using two clamp method.
- 2 and 4 point DC resistance testing (continuity/bonding).
- 3 point fall of potential measurement with manual or automatic frequency.
- 4 point soil resistivity testing.
- 3 point earth coupling measurement
- Automatic calculation of Rho (ρ).
- Test method user selectable (Wenner or Schlumberger test method).
- Selectable test voltage.
- Auto power off feature.
- Automatic recognition and characterization of electrode connections.
- Can store up to 512 test results.
- Includes dataview software.
- Optically isolated USB.
- Rainproof field case.
- Can be recharged from a vehicle.
- IEC 61557 parts 4 and 5 compliant.
- Automatic back-light.